Friday, May 1, 2015

Girl with the kid.

The person I once was, she is either hidden somewhere or has been gone. I've tried to seek that person again, but it's not the same. The person I once knew used to have a deep passion burning in her heart for the things she loves. She knew what she wanted and she aimed high for it. Now, I am just that girl with a kid.

There is nothing wrong with being known as a mother. Actually, I am a proud single mother of this beautiful and smart little girl. Being a mom is hard work. Being a single mom is even harder. I became a stronger person because of her. But am I merely just that? A mom? I feel that people overlooked at the person I am and replace it with just a description of a mom.

I tried to go against with what was viewed of me; I am not just a mom! I went and dug into the old me. I looked into the passions for the things I used to love, but it is no longer the same. I tried to get into photography again, but the pictures just didn't come out as I envisioned it. I tried to get into designing, but I couldn't even get through a first sketch. Even being as a portrait artist, I feel that these works are not up to what I am really capable of.

Maybe that is it. I guess they could be right. Once you are a mom, the life you once had is basically over. You give up everything you once had to love this little soul. The passion I once had for everything else, all navigate toward this little precious girl now. And she deserves so much more than I could ever offer. I am not just that girl with a kid. I am a mom with many abilities, in which I still need to seek.


No comments:

Post a Comment